Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Identity

Picture from here

Identity
You are what you eat
You are what you do
You are what you think
Eat only what makes your bones dense,
your lungs refreshed, your heart steady, and your brain rejuvenated.
Do only what makes you proud daily,
your day meaningful, your efforts productive, and your exertion of energy positively impact others.
Think only what makes you free and your heart light,
identify your darkest fears, and constantly color them with hopes, and create your castle of dreams.
Because there will be a time..
when your bones so strong they will keep your hopes up,
your energy so positive it keeps your heart steady,
and your hopes so meaningful you color life onto others,
then there will be times you get caught up, your creation, your existence, who you are, what you are made of, it becomes so complex you forget, oh you forget, what makes your castle, what is important, why dream, fears, oh I fear, no, no, no, stop, take a deep breath and just focus…..
It’s simple.
I am what I eat.
I am what I do.
I am what I think.
I was on a conference call from work and went to my "Stickies" app to take notes. I don't remember where I found this poem, or who wrote it. But it couldn't have popped up at a better time.

I needed this reminder.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment