Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Cupcakes and an Icing Trick



How Stinkin' Cute Are These?

I've been telling my Grandma that I'd bake her cupcakes for a good 3 weeks now and since she was coming over on Easter, I knew I had to make good on my promise. I'm embarrassed to admit it (b/c I consider myself a baker), but...I cheated on these cupcakes. Big time. Box o' mix, can o' icing. How dare I call myself a baker and then slack on my baked goods! In my defense, I spent 2 days hanging out (read: drinking) with my best friend and that morning we hiked about 5 miles in the middle of an 80 degree day. So, by the time I set out to bake, I was in no mood for it. I'm not even going to list a recipe for this...I'm that ashamed. For these Bird's Nest Cupcakes, I baked the cake according to the box, grabbed some chocolate icing and a bag of Hershey's candy coated chocolate eggs. Bake. Pipe your nest with the largest star tip you can find and top with chocolate eggs.

I will say that it wasn't a total loss. The cupcakes tasted good and I remembered a handy icing trick that a friend found for me on Pinterest.


How is it possible that I never thought of this before? Duh! When you're ready to ice your treats, put your tipped bag into a tall glass, fold the excess at the top over the side of your glass and fill it up with icing. So easy. No mess. and I felt like I got way more icing in there than I do when I hold the bag with my other hands. Happy frosting my friends! and I hope you had a lovely Easter. 





1 comment: