Monday, June 18, 2012

Man Bouquet

I think I talk about Pinterest in just about every post I write, so it should come as no surprise that when the time came to get my Dad something for Father's Day...I stole someone's awesome idea from a board and got crafty. 

If you haven't seen this gift yet, get excited. Your Dad, boyfriend, husband, any man (and actually most of my lady friends too) will LOVE this. You should have seen my Dad's face when I brought it to him. 
Pure joy. 

I give you...the MAN BOUQUET.

A flower pot filled with a few of my Dad's favorite things. 

And it could not be easier to put together. 
Here's what you need: 
Sorry. That didn't come out very well. 
Items:
Terracotta Pot
Styrofoam Ball
Thin, Wood Sticks or Skewers
Tissue Paper
Receiver's Favorite Candy, Mini Liquor Bottles, Cigars, Etc. 
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks

Step 1
Shave down your styrofoam ball so that it fits nicely into the pot.

Step 2
Layer tissue paper underneath styrofoam ball and then cover the top of the ball with another layer. Pull out the corners of the paper and style however you'd like. In hindsight, I would use different colors of paper to make this look prettier. 

Step 3
Using your note glue gun, connect sticks (which I broke into different sized pieces) to each item. Some of the liquor bottles were glass and pretty heavy for such a thin stick, so use as much glue as necessary to make it hold. I made sure the sticks were glued on almost the entire length of each item for added support. 


Step 4
Now the fun part! Insert each stick into your covered styrofoam however you'd like! 
I had so much fun putting this together and it could not have been easier. My Dad was so excited when he saw it that he immediately took a picture to show his friends at work. 

I know it's called the Man Bouquet, but the best part about this is you can do it for just about anyone and vary the items based on whoever is receiving it. 
Go nuts! 

If you end up making this, PLEASE share with me.
 I would LOVE to see what you come up with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment